VGP-BPS2B
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VGP-BPS2B

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rebuilding A Laptop Battery_2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Rebuilding A Laptop Battery_2 Empty
PostSubject: Rebuilding A Laptop Battery_2   Rebuilding A Laptop Battery_2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:28 pm

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
When your acer desire 1350 battery is about to give up the ghost, you are in all probability thinking of the regular three alternatives. The most apparent, of course, is "wow, such a great justification for the purchase of a new laptop". With laptop prices falling with no such luck with battery prices, this almost is sensible. But, most of us may just bite the bullet and buying a new battery. The third alternative is always to replace the cells inside the battery you already contain. This article is in regards to the third alternative. If anyone with fairly skilled in taking care of electronics, this is not always a good alternative. However, it is possible. Individually, I was inspired to get this done the first time since small (3-cell) battery just for my ASUS laptop appeared to be very ill and I couldn't locate a replacement. Financially, it also looked like the ideal choice. The out of inventory new battery cost $129. I discovered the cells for somewhat over $5 each. Therefore, I ordered the skin cells and, expecting to have got a success, ordered six more for any sick battery for certainly one of my T23 ThinkPads. The very first trick is to available the old battery without the need of destroying the plastic and anything important inside. What you ought to do is find where two parts are glued together and work with the glue line with something sharp unless you can open the battery pack. In the case regarding ThinkPad batteries, there are labels over portions of the glue line. Therefore, first cut through labels with a sharp cutting knife. I then chose to use a wood chisel to first find elements of the plastic that will flex because there is always open space behind them after which it start opening in all these areas. You may have better luck which includes a utility knife. Once you will enjoy the opening process commenced, a utility knife is ideally suited for in some parts, the actual wood chisel in some. Just be careful to not ever cut too deep or you may choose to damage circuitry or electrical inside. Also, remember that the goal is every single child glue the acer squ-302 battery pack case back together as well as have it fit in the laptop so eliminating a little plastic (possibly which includes a fine saw) may be more advanced than an attempt to just open it up with the end result of warping or breaking that plastic. Once you have the battery pack open, it truly is analysis time. The most typical battery packs contain two to three, six or nine Li-ion cells of size 18650. Typically there're in strings of two to three in series (that provides you about 11V) and after that each string is paralleled. Although, that may not be the case. Do a bit of analysis prior to beginning cutting wires. Note that the cell size is not something that indicates we now have at least 18, 649 different choices. It is actually the diameter of the cell in millimeters (18) then the length in millimeters (650). The big advantage on this system is that when the cell isn't marked with a size, a metric ruler will let you out. As Li-ion battery need special "care as well as feeding", you will find a circuit board within the battery pack, Wires will go in the circuit board to each cell junction so the voltages can be administered. Also, there will be a thermistor and a thermal circuit breaker within the pack. There are lots of places that sell buying Li-ion cells. One is actually Battery Junction. On their site you'll discover all the common acer desire 1510 battery sizes. Next to your skin both PC boards to shield sets of cells along with a special 18650 cell with a built-in protection circuit. Assuming that you are replacing cells in an existing pack, you just have to buy regular cells. The one thing you do need to watch for, however, is an eye. Typically you can ask for getting solder tabs spot welded towards the cells. This is the best way to go rather than trying to solder directly to the cell which sometimes easily damage the closes. <! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->.
Back to top Go down
https://vgp-bps2b.forumotion.com

Rebuilding A Laptop Battery_2
Page 1 of 1