VGP-BPS2B
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VGP-BPS2B

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rebuilding A Laptop Battery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Rebuilding A Laptop Battery Empty
PostSubject: Rebuilding A Laptop Battery   Rebuilding A Laptop Battery Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:28 pm

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
When your acer aim 1350 battery is about to stop the ghost, you are most likely thinking of the common three alternatives. The most obvious, of course, is "wow, exactly what a great justification for investing in a new laptop". With laptop prices falling with out such luck with battery pack prices, this almost is smart. But, most of us may just bite the bullet and get a new battery. The third alternative is usually to replace the cells in the battery you already win. This article is about the third alternative. If you're not fairly skilled in working on electronics, this is not always a good alternative. Nevertheless, it is possible. Privately, I was inspired to accomplish this the first time because small (3-cell) battery for my ASUS laptop ended up being very ill and I couldn't choose a replacement. Financially, it also looked like your best option. The out of commodity new battery cost $129. I ran across the cells for a bit over $5 each. Consequently, I ordered the skin cells and, expecting to have got a success, ordered six more for the sick battery for one of my T23 ThinkPads. The 1st trick is to amenable the old battery with out destroying the plastic or possibly anything important inside. Be sure that do is find the location where the two parts are glued together and work on the glue line with something sharp unless you can open the solar battery. In the case with ThinkPad batteries, there are labels over elements of the glue line. Consequently, first cut through the labels with a sharp blade. I then chose to utilize a wood chisel to first find parts of the plastic that will flex because you can find open space behind them after which start opening in such areas. You may have better luck which includes a utility knife. Once you obtain the opening process began, a utility knife is best suited in some parts, your wood chisel in some. Just be careful to not ever cut too deep or you could possibly damage circuitry or wiring inside. Also, remember that the goal is to glue the acer squ-302 solar battery case back together and get it fit in the laptop so reducing a little plastic (possibly using a fine saw) may be quite as good as an attempt to really open it up with the consequence of warping or breaking the plastic. Once you have battery pack open, it can be analysis time. The most common battery packs contain some, six or nine Li-ion skin cells of size 18650. Typically these are in strings of some in series (that offers you about 11V) and consequently each string is paralleled. Nevertheless, that may not really do the case. Do a bit of analysis prior to starting cutting wires. Note that the cell size will not be something that indicates that you have at least 18, 649 various other choices. It is actually the diameter of your cell in millimeters (18) and then the length in millimeters (650). The big advantage using this type of system is that if the cell isn't marked which includes a size, a metric ruler may help you out. As Li-ion power packs need special "care plus feeding", you will choose a circuit board within the battery power, Wires will go from the circuit board to each cell junction so the voltages can be monitored. Also, there will often be a thermistor and a thermal circuit breaker around the pack. There are numerous places that sell substitute Li-ion cells. One is Battery Junction. On their site you can find all the common acer would like 1510 battery sizes. There is also both PC boards to safeguard sets of cells and a special 18650 cell which includes a built-in protection circuit. Assuming you happen to be replacing cells in an existing pack, you just need to buy regular cells. Another thing you do need to enjoy for, however, is tab. Typically you can ask to own solder tabs spot welded to the cells. This is the way to go rather than endeavoring to solder directly to the cell that could easily damage the closes. <! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->.
Back to top Go down
https://vgp-bps2b.forumotion.com

Rebuilding A Laptop Battery
Page 1 of 1