VGP-BPS2B
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VGP-BPS2B

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Put yourself in charge of battery fact or fiction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Put yourself in charge of battery fact or fiction Empty
PostSubject: Put yourself in charge of battery fact or fiction   Put yourself in charge of battery fact or fiction Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:28 pm

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
Do rechargeable batteries always conserve your money, and can that you get expensive button cells from in a larger battery?

For some thing so ordinary, batteries are surrounded by for the better of folk wisdom 鈥? or probably superstition.
Because it's hard for them to save money when you am not aware of what's what, The Frugalista took on two experts to distinct battery fact from fiction: Tony Mazzola, a chemical engineer posessing been making batteries utilizing Energizer for 28 years, and Brian Bessey, co-owner from five HP tx2000 Wide variety Plus stores.
Fact or even fiction: Rechargeable batteries save thousands of dollars per cell.
Reply to: Mostly fact. Say you buy a pair of four rechargeable AA battery pack for $20 and four alkaline AAs for $3. The alkaline batteries may last a little bit of longer than the first charge on your rechargeable laptop batteries, but then you reach use the rechargeables 500 to at least one, 000 more times. Jointly pay for themselves some time before their life is over.

But here's the ignore: Rechargeables may not cut costs if you put them in devices you do not need use often. That's because they enjoy a shelf life of only 3 to 5 years, compared with seven years to have an alkaline, Mazzola said.
<! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->

<! --
AB_pos = "intext";
AB_lang = "en";
AB_cat_channel = "0016438529, inches;
AB_path = "http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/";
article. write(unescape("%3Cscript src='http: //d21j60o022fwiu. cloudfront. net/gads/controller3. js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
//-->

google_ad_channel = "7940249670, inches + AB_cat_channel + AB_unit_channel;
google_language = "en";
google_ad_region = 'test';

<! --INFOLINKS_ON-->
Any time you put the rechargeable batteries inside a clock, which doesn't sketch much power, or a toy that does not get everyday use, you may need to recharge them only once or twice a year. Then, 3 years later the normal rechargeable batteries are dead, and you've only gotten many charges out of them, while the alkaline H . P . Probook 4510s Battery might be still chugging. You just spent $17 extra for a pair of batteries that didn't last so long as the one-time-use cells. Then again, my old audiobook player took AAAs that recharged nearly every day, saving me hundreds of dollars over 2 yrs.
Fact or fiction: You can actually take apart big batteries in order to find more expensive little electric battery inside.
Answer: Mostly fiction. There are "battery hacks" video online showing a potential customer HP dv6000 Battery cut available to reveal lots of small batteries, known as button in the software cells. The maker of merely one video claimed the cheat saved him $40 balanced with buying the button panels individually.
Some of a lot of these videos are hoaxes, like one where a Dell d620 Battery for any lantern is opened that will reveal 30 AAs inside. But if you amenable a 12-volt A23 battery pack, the kind that might possibly power your garage gate opener, you will pick up eight button cells in just. I know because, in your Frugalista Labs (aka my personal husband's workbench), I used wire cutters to try the casing off your chubby little A23.
Originally I was excited to determine eight button batteries in. But when I harvested up toys, thermometers and other devices home that took button energy, I was disappointed to ascertain that the ones around the A23 didn't fit in different of them.
Bessey said he and his staff appeared a 12-volt battery and found exactly the same cells I did.
"That size Acer 5520 Battery is absolutely not used in very lots of applications, " he claimed. So unless you have got a watch or some other device you know takes a 1. 5-volt 394 variety, this trick is your dud. It's not unusual for batteries to become full of smaller panels, Mazzola said, but the cells aren't usually in a form that's beneficial to the consumer. Even if they turned out to be the batteries you need, they may lack friends or insulation, without which could damage your apparatus.
Fact or fiction: You'll want to completely drain a power before recharging, or it may forget how to wholly charge.
Answer: Depends who you ask.
Bessey said that in case you plug in your cellular telephone or laptop battery prior to when it's empty, "the fuel gauge in your battery will start buying a false reading. Every on occasion, draining it all the manner down and letting it charge contingency plan will reset that. inches A Batteries Plus point sheet backs him right up.
But Mazzola disagreed. "The advances made in these days in batteries preclude your memory effect from posting worry to anyone. " The memory effect dates in the 1960s, he said.
As Mazzola laughed and said, "Some old myths usually are hard to break. inches
Here's one old battery habit We are breaking: storing batteries in your freezer. This is often times harmful, Mazzola said, considering that freezer temperatures could ruin the battery's contacts by just causing condensation, then corrosion.

<! --INFOLINKS_OFF-->.
Back to top Go down
https://vgp-bps2b.forumotion.com

Put yourself in charge of battery fact or fiction
Page 1 of 1