VGP-BPS2B
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VGP-BPS2B

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lenovo S10 Mobile computer Article- Full Review For Lenovo's New Netbook.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Lenovo S10 Mobile computer Article- Full Review For Lenovo's New Netbook. Empty
PostSubject: Lenovo S10 Mobile computer Article- Full Review For Lenovo's New Netbook.   Lenovo S10 Mobile computer Article- Full Review For Lenovo's New Netbook. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Of the netbooks available on the market, I must say the lines within the S10 are one of the most appealing. Our model can be a pearl-escent white? featuring a good 3-cell battery. Everything generally seems to flow, from the latchless lid, fairly thin bezel beseige, and attractive chrome like accents... if you just can't tell, the S10 does excel inside style department.

The S10 capacity measures in at doing it a 9. 8" by 7. 2" x 1. 1", which can be a bit thinner than that MSI Wind we simply just lately reviewed, and becoming which it only incorporated a 3-cell battery as an alternative for a 6-cell option when the Wind, it weighs a bit less too tipping the scale in at one or two. 4 pounds. It's particularly evenly balanced, producing computing 1 hand instead easy with all the S10.

The keyboard to get a 10. 2? netbook, will be instead cramped. I am lost what happened, as I'm generally awestruck with all the keyboards on Lenovo's just lately, but this model, doesn't strike the very same emotion. It' s not merely the cramped feeling, it's the actual placement of various keys and omission of some people. For instance, I'm uncertain who's idea it was reduce a mute button (or fn combination for instance) however it doesn't exist that We can discover. I'm not 1 to take into account what requirements to happen lake need my volume that will mute? I just press the buttons and enjoy a it. Using the S10, this is simply not an option. Also, I'm not sure the reason for having a FN F11 repair F12? but it may wear part that the tilde key can be so apparent isn't system of the normal key layout that seemingly the remainder of the laptop society has adopted. Another idea, I am not of course, but I think 揵ackspace? will be 1 word, and not two words mashed together which makes 揃ackSpace? - but I really could be really wrong, someone correct me below... but Lenovo thinks it really is BackSpace... and I really do not agree.

Amongst those, there's two odd sort of layout keys I find in regards to the S10: the smallest tab primary because my smartphone and then the correct shift crucial. Not my option useful or size.

The trackpad however is an excellent one? firm and continuous travel, nevertheless the buttons are instead noisy plus a little stiff. I'm uncertain if these work out in time, but in terms about I'm concerned? the touch choice over the Snyaptics touchpad ought that will suffice most users (and the fact it is a Synaptics touchpad without having it a Sentellic off-shoot) which consists of side scrolling purpose, makes points manageable albeit tolerable for this kind of small touch region.

We usually attempt to test having a normal method, and with netbooks, our standard technique is pretty easy. We make an effort to run Worldbench, and we execute a battery test. So free of further ado, right is breakdown that most (if not completely) netbooks fall into.

No surprise here, the worldbench score falls correct in line with other similarly spec'd netbook computers. However, it's to realize that this unit only has 512mb of Ram, that might contribute to the just a little lower score than some others, and I will be willing to bet that if most people upgraded this to 2gb, the numbers would enhance slightly.

Battery existence is stated being nearly 4 hours, but we found the fact that with Wi-Fi enabled you will end up lucky in squeezing 3. 5. While using the LCD on it is normally lowest setting, and hardly any wi-fi, reading an e-novel or the likes will gather you merely shy of four. Not bad, but it is nowhere outside of the battery existence of some of our 6-cell models.

The wireless came in handy, but missing that extra USB port which is featured on plenty from other netbooks was an absolute let down. Also, the particular keyboard wasn't to my best taste, not saying it is actually poor, but I've mentioned it above and Personally i think it needs a serious run via of what their plan was for the unit.

I did get quite a lot of compliments concerning it is usually looks, but when it came as a result of it, the MSI Wind I needed just had 1 more feature that for ones cost point (and electric life) created it more associated with a winner.

And even though I didn't use the mini-express card slot, the added bonus of devices that use this BUS will certainly be a plus later on.

I didn't think it’s great, but I didn't hate it. It has a bunch of good functions at this cost point and the connectivity isn't the saddest, and carrying a superior LED 10. 2? LCD can be great. Nevertheless, I really feel that there could be some improvements on some aspects and also touchpad could be a little bit quieter. If you want some sort of fashion friendly netbook who doens't leave you stranded for some serious excellent function, I'd tremendously recommend it. Nevertheless, being the 6-cell version has become spotted but no warning of official release on our side within the pond, I'd need to say that the modest battery power is probably not for some users, in addition to that kinda funky keys.
Back to top Go down
https://vgp-bps2b.forumotion.com

Lenovo S10 Mobile computer Article- Full Review For Lenovo's New Netbook.
Page 1 of 1